The notion behind a lot of games is an idealistic fun approach to solving problems. While others focus on mental relaxation and pathological recreation. In most societies, the media tends to concentrate on the drawbacks of gaming other than embracing its positive impact on people.
The various merits of gaming
- Improved decision-making skills: many adventure and sport-games require players to make quick, informed, and useful decisions to win. Games having peripheral moving pictures tend to increase sensory alertness and aid decision-making processes. Therefore, Kids who spend reasonable hours playing games grow up to become extraordinary decision-makers.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills: every game has a problem that the player must solve to proceed to the next stage. Multiple levels, difficult tasks, adventure-based, and complicated puzzles are some of the characteristics of games that help kids become better problem solvers.
While children spend several hours trying to solve problems on their game, their thinking capacity evolves and assists them with solving real-life issues as they fall due.
- Increased learning ability: some study shows that healthy gamers may possess exceptional ability to learn complex things faster than non-gamers. Due to the level of complexity, pleasure, and reward system that makes up a game, kids who play games tend to have a higher intelligence quotient that aids rapid learning processes.
Games are a good way to increase gray matter in the brain. Increased gray matter boosts brain connectivity, perception, and memory.
- Enhanced social skills: With the advent of online multiplayer games, gamers have been able to socialize and become socially aware of their environment. Funnily, some people meet lifelong friends and partners while playing online.
- Informative and academic purposes: in recent times, games are used as a fun way to persuade students into learning. Developers now make games that help students improve their reading, maths skills, and even help kids learn new words.
No matter how advantageous gaming can be, parents and guardians should ensure that it is done with moderation. Its benefits are not a justification to play games for 10 hours daily.